Monday, September 12, 2016

A Little Sporadic

For those of you that have taken a look at my blog, you will see that it isn't exactly updated very often. I would like to be able to change that this year, but I'm not making any promises. I do my very best to keep everyone in the loop via our class newsletter that comes home each week, buy since I'm human, there are things that will occasionally slip through the cracks and get missed. I will be using the remind app to get reminders out the night before big events and activities as much as possible.

Here is where I will try to share pictures and fun things that we have been working on in class.

I meant to share a few links last week, but the first weeks of school tend to be a little hectic. So, I'm going to update you now.

The first week of school we spent learning our rules. We met some new friends and read some great books to help us out! One of the books was Howard B. Wigglebottom learns to listen. Go check out www.wedolisten.org and click on the books/animations tab on the right. Click on howard learns to listen and see the story for yourself!

We also read the Pout-Pout fish! Here is a super-fun puppet show that tells the story.



We talked about ways we can help people at school feel better when they are sad (no kissing-of course)! We showed how we can turn the "drearie-wearies" into "cheery-cherries" and made pout-pout fish of our own. Don't you love our awesome pouts?! We turned them around super-quick.





We have been learning our color words and have been singing a new song each day to help us learn them. Here is the link to a list of all of the songs. You can watch them and practice at home! I hope you are all doing well and I am looking forward to lots of fun learning this week!

Love,
Mrs. Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment