Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fall is here

I can't believe I missed a week! Oh dear!

Let's see if I can get everyone caught up. :)

We learned the rest of our color songs and the songs will be at the bottom of the post.

We are halfway through learning our alphabet and moving right along. If your child is struggling with remembering the letters and sounds here are some ideas that should be helpful.

Starfall.com is a great place to go play games to help learn letters and sounds.

Leap Frog has a video called "Letter Factory" that we have watched and used in class. Each letter has a song and action to go with it. Here is a sample, have your child show you the actions for the letters in the video.

Also, there is an app called Letter School that we use in class to help teach how to write the letters and numbers. The kids love it!

I know there are a lot of other tools out there, that are fantastic, but hopefully, those will give you a good place to start. Feel free to comment and share any others that you have used or know of, there are many who could use them!


I AM looking for volunteers. I would like to have a permanent volunteer schedule up and going by next Monday. Thank you for your patience in this area, as I have been working hard to establish a routine with our class before we introduced parent helpers into our classroom.

I am looking forward to another week with your amazing children!

Love,

Mrs. Newman






















No comments:

Post a Comment