Monday, October 13, 2014

It's a short week!

Wow! What a whirlwind this first track time has been! I can't believe we have been in school for nearly 8 weeks.

So far, here are the sight words we have learned:
a, and, for, go, here, have, I, is, like, my, play, see, said, to, the

You child should be able to read the sight words on command, without having to think about it for very long. That's why we call them sight words, so they can read them "on sight."

This week is a short week. Remember WEDNESDAY is early-day and we have no school on Thursday or Friday.

I have noticed a vast improvement in the excitement of our students since I last wrote about changing some things in class. We have been reviewing the rules each day and have started working on some new activities that the class seems to really enjoy.

I do want you to be aware that parent-teacher conferences will be coming up shortly after we return from our off-track time. I will be working with the students at school to learn about what we call our "data notebook" so that they will be able to lead our conferences when the time comes. It is important for our children to see the progress they are making in order to encourage them to continue to work hard. If you hear about this at home and have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you all for all of your support of your child's learning!

Love,
Mrs. Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment